I got inspired. So Morning Musume has a lot of songs, and it's impossible to ran them all. Because of that, I wanted to rank Morning Musume debut songs!!!!! There are 11 generations and 12 debut songs, so it's not that hard. :D They're all good songs for the most part, though!
12. Onna ni Sachi Are (2007) - 8th Generation Pt. 2 - Linlin/Junjun
I don't hate this song... I just don't think it's the best debut. Not to mention that the costumes are awful and the music video is weird. :P
11. Egao YES Nude (2007) - 8th Generation Pt. 1 - Mitsui Aika
The eighth generation was such a mess!! Aha. I actually like this song and the costumes, but don't like anything about Aika, so that's why this is here. :)
10. Morning Coffee (1997) - 1st Generation - Nakazawa Yuuko, Ishiguro Aya, Iida Kaori, Abe Natsumi, Fukuda Asuka
It's a classic! But it's so boring. :) Nevertheless, I'll always sing to it.
9. Pyoko Pyoko Ultra (2012) - 10th Generation - Iikubo Haruna, Ishida Ayumi, Sato Masaki, Kudo Haruka
See, this song isn't really bad when it comes down to it. It's cute and catchy. I think my only issue really is that there are 17+ members wearing chicken suits. :)
8. Maji Desu Ka Suka (2011) - 9th Generation - Fukumura Mizuki, Ikuta Erina, Sayashi Riho, Suzuki Kanon
It's cute, fun, and a great introduction to the 9th generation (since all of them have solo lines!!!!). Not to mention that all of the senpai members are totally adorable, and the costumes are complete win.
7. Iroppoi Jirettai (2005) - 7th Generation - Kusumi Koharu
I didn't like Koharu, but I can't deny that this song is great enough for that not even to be an issue. Everyone on lead vocals sounds amazing, and it's a really sexily performed song that I loved seeing from Morning Musume at this point.
6. Help Me! (2013) - 11th Generation - Oda Sakura
Sakura has the best debut song of the younger generations. The costumes... ehh... not so much, but all of Sakura's solo lines scream HBIC and it's the first of a string of number one singles for a reason! I hope that from now on, Sakura only experiences number one singles throughout her career as a Morning Musume member!
5. Mr. Moonlight~Ai no Big Band~ (2001) - 5th Generation - Takahashi Ai, Konno Asami, Ogawa Makoto, Niigaki Risa
<3 My second favorite generation. <3 I love this song, a) because Yossie is the center, and b) because it's brilliant and funny. I love the big band aspect of it, and it never gets old. It's something that can always be performed, and I love it.
4. Summer Night Town (1998) - 2nd Generation - Yasuda Kei, Yaguchi Mari, Ichii Sayaka
This is a song that can only be performed with members that have the vocals for it, but I can never turn it off when it's on.
3. Happy Summer Wedding (2000) - 4th Generation - Ishikawa Rika, Yoshizawa Hitomi, Tsuji Nozomi, Kago Ai
!!!!! This was going to be number one, honestly. It's my favorite generation, and it's such a fun song. I never get as excited hearing ~Congratulations~ as I do when it's in the introduction of this song. It's a fun song that also makes me cry and smile at the same time.
2. Shabondama (2003) - 6th Generation - Fujimoto Miki, Kamei Eri, Michishige Sayumi, Tanaka Reina
So this song is a classic, and also a song I never ever ever tire of hearing live. What better way to welcome the new generation than give them a powerful angry love song with lots of screaming that requires lots vocal prowess?
1. Love Machine (1999) - 3rd Generation - Goto Maki
But even though all of these songs have their merits, the best debut song has to go to Love Machine. Every person in Japan knows this song. It's a classic and a million seller that will always be remembered. Even if Tsunku-san does remix after remix, nothing will be better than the original song and the original cheesy choreography. It was dethroned as the highest selling female idol single by AKB48 a while ago, but I doubt that people will actually remember Sayonara Crawl or Manatsu no Sounds Good! in a few years. Cheers to Love Machine and Goto Maki!!!!!